Sunday, April 13, 2008

5.5 plus 2.5 equals...pain!

Friday night I cleared out my ipod shuffle and replaced every song with a new mix, 84 songs, 331.9 mb's (whatever they are), or 5 hours worth...hopefully I can do my required 8 miles before that! Of course the weather failed to cooperate, again! So I headed to the gym, forced to run 80 laps around the track, forced to watch a bunch of 12 year olds trying to emulate Mario Chalmers and his miracle 3 on the basketball court below (damn you Chalmers). After 2 miles and 4 songs consisting of Kid Rocks "Amen", SheDaisy's "Come Home Soon", Skid row "Youth's Gone Wild" and Boston's "Amanda" (I must have been in a weird mood Friday night), I really didn't think I was going to make it...mile 3 ironically enough brought "8 Mile" by Eminem and "Ladies and Gentlemen" by Saliva and finally I am off:

mile one: 8:27
two:8:18
three: 8:17
four: 8:18
five: 8:18*

The (*) represents where I hit the proverbial wall! half way through mile 5...I had to walk a lap!

mile six: 8:37
seven: 8:59
eight: 8:57

So I finished...certainly not strong...when we do this for real on June 7th somebody please remind me not to be a hero and to stay at a good pace, because Sunday everything hurts, my quads, my calves, my left knee and my right ankle! How come on our training plan they don't have "hot-tub day"???

Maybe that can be for all of us on June 8th!!!!

1 comment:

Nagus5 said...

Does anyone know someone with a hot tub? We should have a hot tub party after the half marathon! :-)