Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cold Start to Finish a Milestone

So I remember back to when I ran the first 4-mile run of our training. I ran it on an unusally warm day in early March when it was about 70 degrees outside. I ran the same 4-mile path that I am still running. I remember having no rhythm, no timing, sweating a lot and wondering if this half-marathon stuff was for me. I weighed the social impact of quitting in my mind. I also remember getting shin splints.

Well, the shin splints have stuck around by my running has improved. This morning was the first time that I ran 4 miles without stopping. I am not sure I have ever done that. I have run 4-mile races before but I remember walking for some parts of them. But this time I kept a consistent pace and never stopped. Now, my pace was a little slower than I would like at exactly 11 minute miles. But I am going to work on that.

Happy Running!

PS - good song that was on my Ipod this morning "I'm still standing" by Elton John - great to run to.

1 comment:

Runnin' with the Devil said...

I have that on my ipod too! Saw Elton in concert last October in Columbia...FABULOUS! Congrats on the great run. I struggled through every step this morning!