Friday, April 25, 2008

Hitting 9

Today's 9 mile run was incredibly successful - given the challenges we had to overcome. I was running on little-to-no sleep and having serious "female" issues. "Devil" was also exhausted, and had even less sleep than me. We agreed to keep it an easy, slow and steady pace.

We managed to finish a little slower than a 10 minute mile pace. The last half mile or so I really kicked it in high gear and surprised myself with how much energy I had left. I definitely left too much "gas in the tank."

As I think about the Trolley Run on Sunday, I'm amazed at how far I've come in just one year. Last year's TR I struggled to get to the finish line - wondering when would this be over! Now, four miles seems like a piece of cake. It's proof that just putting one foot in front of another, time and time again, will always take you where you want to go.

No comments: