Friday, April 4, 2008

Kicking 7's Ass

Today Devil and I ran the 7 mile course I mapped out. I must say -- it was a challenge, but we kicked that route's ass! Devil was worse than sick. She really should have been home in bed. But she insisted on running, so I said "Let's go!"

The first mile was mostly uphill. I was glad to get those steep hills over with at the beginning, although there were still a few more hills along the way. We started at 9am, and both of us could see our breaths it was so cold. But running down the other side of Ward Parkway, the sun started to peek out... and after 10 more minutes, it was mostly sunny for the second half of the run. The sunshine really spiked my energy. Getting to the end of the route felt really good - and when we were done (66 minutes for me, 68 for Devil) we sat on the grass and congratulated ourselves on a job well done.

Best of luck to all of you on your long runs tomorrow -- I know you will do great!

No comments: